A vacancy has arisen for an Inspector to join our Network Rail team within Stannah to support our expanding portfolio.
Reporting to a Key Account Manager, you will work independently from the Branch network, covering mainly the North of England and Scotland area.
Network Rail is our most prestigious customer and effective inspection procedures are pivotal to the continued success of our 10 year Maintenance Contract. You will be working to a defined inspection schedule and your responsibilities will include:
- You will be responsible for ensuring continued compliance to 1998 LOLER regulations.
- Undertaking bi-annual, recorded inspections to ensure that at the time of inspection each asset is safe to remain in service. This is a critical role as you will have the authority to remove a lift from service if you identify the need for any repairs, renewals or alterations essential to the safe operation of the lift.
- Completing at the time of inspection a formal Certificate of Examination, Accumulator PSSR inspections, Lifting Beam and Housekeeping reports (you will have dedicated administrative support within the Network Rail office).
- The job role will also involve carrying out asset inspections on non Network Rail contracts as and when required
- Night working will be required on some assets where there is a need to complete works in engineering hours
You should hold a minimum qualification of NVQ Level 3 in Lift installation or Maintenance. An NVQ Level 4 in Testing would be a distinct advantage, as would be a relevant qualification in Health & Safety (IOSH or equivalent). A vehicle will be provided and a full driving licence is essential.